Friday, January 12, 2007

The perfect dishcloth

It's crocheted, it's half felted, and it's just perfect.

Download the pattern here (pdf).


I just want to be clear about the fact that I didn't write the stitch pattern. It is a pretty common one and is called an interlocking block stitch. I just thought it was great for a dish cloth. Especially with the felted wool mixed in.

I'm still in the process of making up the patterns to order in booklet form or download in pdf form. I think I will convert them all to pdf for download, but the more complicated ones I will make for print as well. I am going to "publish" them through lulu.com, so they will be about $6 each. I'm thinking that I will combine like patterns to make it more reasonable for you and the pdf's will always be free to download.

Also the booklets will be included in the kits that I will be for sale in my etsy shop. The prices for those will range from $7.50 to $15.00 depending on supply costs. The patterns that I am thinking about making available as kits are the water bottle sling, the oscar's, the catnip pillow, and the dishcloths (I was thinking both the knit and crocheted one in the same booklet/kit). There are some patterns coming up that I would also like to include in the kit list, but those are yet to be announced. I figure I will start small and add more as we go along. Are there any kits that you think would be good to offer?

Oh yeah, the no picture thing. I lost my camera battery charger and then my battery died, so no pictures. I finally found it though after a frenzied search and am just waiting for it to charge up the battery. I will edit the pictures in, I just wanted to make sure that I got this up tonight.

See you next Friday!

Edited in: Here are the pictures I promised!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been searching & searching for a great scrubbing dishcloth & i found yours today. Your title is correct...it is the "perfect" dishcloth!! I was just wondering if you could tell me where you get your undyed wool? I love the natural look yours has.
Sincerely,
megamomls

Kristin said...

I actually get it off the spool from my local yarn shop... it has no brand and no info other than "100% wool." I bought all 3 cones! I've been looking for a sub once my spools runs out and having been able to find anything that works quite so nice and scrubby. If you want, I can sell you just the wool if you already have the cotton. Just email me at craftleftovers@gmail.com and we can work something out.

I'm so glad you like it!

Anonymous said...

Thank Kristin! I sent you an email.
megamomls