Saturday, October 27, 2007

Mosaic Crochet Scarf

I really enjoy this scarf. It was fun and fast to make, under 3 hours. It's colorful. And it's super long! I can wrap it around my neck about 3 times. Love it!


Download the Mosaic Crochet Scarf Here (pdf).

Thanks Anary for telling me about the bad link!

You can see I have a new addition to the family. My friend from the local knitting group donated her to my crafty cause. She just happens to be just my size too! Perfect! I haven't named her yet though. Any suggestions?

I had an amazing day today at the Sycamore High School Craft and Treasure Sale. And even better it's going to be going on all day tomorrow too! From 9am-5pm to be exact. So if you are going to be in the area, stop by. I would love to meet you!




I also want to say thank you to everyone who came by today! It was so good to meet many of you for the first time. And for some of you, the first time you may have heard of Craft Leftovers and Green Prairie Fibers too! Craft Leftovers is all about what to do with what you have on hand. All patterns are free to download and print. They are all made from materials leftover from other projects. In the case of today's pattern, leftover yarn from making an afghan. In the shop you can find kits for the projects featured on this site, small handmade gifts, and once a month Craft Leftovers Monthly shows up. It is actually on sale until midnight Sunday (tomorrow) evening. So make sure to check it out if you love, or know someone who loves vintage and reclaimed goodness. You can read more about what Craft Leftovers Monthly is in the shop's listing (link).

Green Prairie Fibers started from the decision to try out dyeing yarn with natural dyes. I loved it! I started dyeing more than I could use and so, Green Prairie Fibers was born! I now offer both naturally and synthetically dyed yarns. The synthetically dyed colorways are all inspired by the midwest prairies. I use an illustrated field guide as my starting point, which fills my mind's eye with color, and then start the mixing and dyeing process. Just like wildflowers, each dye lot is unique. The shop will be updated tomorrow night (Sunday) with new yarns.

And I'm totally beat and am going to go knit a bit and hit the hay. Then it's off to the craft sale again tomorrow! Hooray! Have a good night everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great display! I really loved that new scarf. I am a nut case about scarfs. I am so glad that you are having fun at these craft fairs. Good luck tomorrow too.
Anary

ps: I could not download the pattern. I think the link is bad.

Alice said...

What ever you call your friend make sure it an elegant name... after all she is your manneguin and int he real world manneguins are exotic wanna be super models. Good luck with the show!

Anonymous said...

love the color combo in that scarf!