Friday, June 01, 2007

Host Tote

I was in a bind. I wanted to do a knitting pattern, but the one I was working on was taking too long. There was no way I was going to get it finished in time. So I asked my friend Andrea if she could think of anything and immediately she had something. I could see it in her eyes. And did she ever! The perfect little tote to give a gift to a host in, or a friend, or whomever. It knits up fast and uses fabric as yarn. You can stuff it with dish cloths (the perfect dishcloth works well), or make it taller and slip in a bottle of wine. Thank you Andrea for a great pattern idea!

Edited in: I was just thinking today that this would look pretty cool if it was done with recycled silk too. I can't see it taking more than one skein either, so if you don't have scraps of fabric on had, that would work great too!

Download the pattern in pdf here.






Updates: You rock! I mean wow! I received a bunch of emails and what great comments. I now have a group of pattern testers who are willing and to try things out. I still need more, so if you are interested shoot me an email at kristinmroach@gmail.com with "pattern tester" in the comments field.

Thanks to some great feedback, the H2O Slinger pattern is corrected and good to go.

I also added a bunch of new stuff to the shop. Kits, items, new stuff, already seen stuff, go check it out and see for yourself.

I am also going to work on adding all of the previous patterns to lulu, so they will all be available in pdfs.

I might have some really great news, but until it's finalized, I'm going to hold off telling you.

I think that's it. Have a great week!

No comments: