Saturday, August 04, 2007

Button On Up Necklace

I first came upon this necklace by chance. I was trying to restring a shell necklace that I had purchased while in France. I wore it so often that after 2 years it finally gave out. Well, there was no way I could re-string it in the same way because I lost the important little clear beads to space it. I found that when I tried they clustered together, which I really liked, so I left it that way.... and then repeated it over and over again with vintage buttons in different
monochromatic color schemes. It’s a super fast and easy way to make unique necklaces for every occasion!

Download the pattern here
.

In other news:
Don't forget to submit an image of your fabric leftovers project to craftleftovers@gmail.com with "birthday" in the subject. There are prizes for free kits, gift certificates to the the shop, buttons, patches, and more! You don't need to send a tutorial, just send me an image or link to your image and you could win fun stuff! Woot! It can even be something like applique or a quilt block. It doesn't even have to be an original project, just give credit to the author of the pattern you use.

Don't forget to check out the shop for great kits, handmade items, and reclaimed leftovers. I add things as I can so check back often!




Oh and I just wanted to let you know about the new shop announcements:

+++Orders of $25 or more are upgraded to priority mail service, please select "other" for the shipping method and I will send you an adjusted invoice if your total shipping cost is more than $5.50+++

+++Orders of $10 or more receive a free piece of Craft Leftovers goodness (does not include shipping cost)+++

No comments: