Friday, February 02, 2007

Pinch of Tea!

Well, it's only 6:30pm on Friday and I have the pattern done! woot! Sorry about last week, it won't happen again... well, no promises, but I will try my best.

Anyway, this week's pattern is a nice little tea bag that you can reuse. I just love tea.... love it. But I’m not too fond of tea bags. They just seem so wasteful to me. Unfortunately, as on the go as I am, they are sometimes the best option for my travel mug. A solution was needed and these little reusable cloth tea bags were the perfect answer to my problem.



Here is a recipe for a good cup of tea:
Use 1 Tsp of tea per 6oz of water.
Bring water to boil. Then cool to 175 degrees.
Pour water over leaves. Steep for 3 mins.
Remove tea bag and enjoy!




Have a crafty week! See you next time!

Edited in: I've been asked several times this week "well how do wash these little guys?" so I figured it would be best just to answer everyone here. There are two different ways. If you have the time, or two of them, hang them to dry. When they are dry, just turn them inside out over the compost, trash, or disposal and all the tea leaves will come out no problem. You may wish to then hand wash with a little warm water once you have all the tea leaves out. The second way is if you are in a hurry or don't have a place to hang them where they drip to their hearts content. It's basically the same way: just turn inside out over the compost, trash, or disposal and then rinse with warm water to get the remaining leaves off.

I hope that helps! And thanks everyone for you super nice comments and all your questions!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, what a cute lil idea!!

Will you make me one and I can buy it from your etsy store???

Kristin said...

Thank you so much! I'm so glad to hear that you like it. And of course I will make you one! I'll e-mail you about it and we can work out the details.

Funky Finds said...

just discovered your blog today & it's terrific. your profile sums up how i describe myself: an old lady trapped in a 20 something's body! LOL

Anonymous said...

You know what you should make... it's a version of your catnip pillow but for humans. Make a pillow stuffed with jasmine rice, or other rices. Make in different sizes. People can then microwave them and put them on their bodies - works great for headaches, stomach cramps, back aches... this could just be me, but I use a much smaller one for my head than my stomach - it's perfect for when I have menstrual cramps.

Kristin said...

I swear I was made for another era! You know, I have actually made "catnip pillows" for my mom and dad, but filled with lavender. The scent is really soothing. The ones for my mom are actually smaller and fit in her gloves to keep her hands warm when she takes the dog on a walk and the one for my dad is longer and lays on his neck. It does work great, thank you so much for bring it up, I would have never thought to mention other uses for it!

søren said...

how do you wash them between usings? I'm super-excited to make some, just have to find loose muslin!

(I'm 32 but I've been called a grandma for years - although now that other people knit, not so much!)

Anonymous said...

You're brilliant!

Omar Cruz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I LOVE this idea! You sell them in an Etsy store? I'll have to take a look. Thanks for sharing this 'coz both my DH & I believe in recycling.

Anonymous said...

Love this idea! I'm sure it could work well for coffee, too! :)

I'm sharing this link with some folks on Ravelry:)