Tuesday, May 15, 2007

++Welcome All ++ Crocheted Welcome Mat++

Nothing quite welcomes summer (or winter for that matter) guests like a handmade welcome mat. I've had a ratty looking carpet sample since I moved in and with all this crocheting going on I couldn't help but whip up a new welcome mat with some craft leftovers that I had from about a year ago. I can't even remember now why I bought it, but somehow a spool of barrel twine seemed like a good idea. I guess it was because now I have a great mat in front of my door.



I want to also thank everyone who commented and sent emails and what not, I always really appreciate it. It honestly does make my day.

If you want the details of the weekend eventfulness/craziness, you can check it out on my blog.

I do have some pretty exciting news. I'm putting together a box of samples for the Sampler. 50 for Craft Leftovers and 30 for Green Prairie Fibers. In all of the making of stuff, I'm also making items for the store. So I'll be adding a few things this week and then a whole lot more next week.

I'm also going to start gearing up for the Renegade Craft Fair. I will be selling kits, handing out patterns, and selling the items from the patterns, it should be a pretty good time. It would be so amazing to be able to do Craft Leftovers all the time and publish multiple patterns every weekend instead of just 1 and put many new items into the store each week instead of just a few.... ah to be self employed doing something I love. Someday.

ps- i'm going to do a reshoot of the mat, so I will see you all then!

No comments: