Monday, July 09, 2007

Happy Birthday Contest!


Okay so today is the one year anniversary of Craft Leftovers! Woo hoo to sticking to something for more than a week! As I hinted at before, I'm going to have a contest and pass out some prizes for the winners!

Basically scraps are the bane of my existence. Try as I might I always have a huge bag that is always getting fuller instead of emptying out. What to use them for? How to get rid of a whole bunch without just pitching them into the trash. This has been, on the micro level, the hardest quest for Craft Leftovers... those bits.

The contest is as follows:
++Send your scrap project idea and photo to kristinmroach@gmail.com
++The project must be made from scraps 3" wide max (as long as you want because those strips are tough too)
++Projects must be submitted by Aug 1st.

The prizes are as follows:
++First Place: $15 gift certificate to the Craft Leftovers Shop; Craft Leftovers Pin Back Button
++Second Place: $10 gift certificate to the Craft Leftovers Shop; Craft Leftovers Pin Back Button
++Honorable Mentions: Craft Leftovers Pin Back Button and 30% off your next Craft Leftovers Shop Order

My friend and I decided one of our fav ways to use up scraps is to make them into buttons!
Like so:


Other updates:
There are a few new kits in the shop and (imagine a drum roll please): a Clearance Section! Go crazy, buy stuff for cheap, craft it up!
I've decided to post about other stuff tomorrow so check back in the pm (we had huge flash floods and power outages today so I'm running behind).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!